my garden has tons of snails

what the heck does this mean. they are everywhere not sure if they are causing any damage or not.
anybody know?
Of course they are causing damage. Snails eat all kinds of plants.
Boil the varmints in water, season with garlic and butter and watch that escargot!!!

I have kept chickens and ducks and they love to eat snails. We do not see any in the orchard where the birds roam.
Dick

Get a couple of baby Geese, they will eat the slugs and also any weed in the garden.
'enry VIII

If they are "everywhere" they are thriving on some type of plant life. If the damage isn't apparent, then you don't have to do anything. Constantly moist soil and heavy much give them someplace to hide. If they become a problem, you can treat the area with an iron phosphate based snail and slug killer. It will cause them to stop eating and die. The product is safe around children, pets, and wildlife unlike the metaldehyde based products.
Hi Vox. You know that old advice about putting beer in a shallow dish where the slug/snail damage is? It works. Also read if you can put down ashes and/or twigs, the critters can't crawl over it. Good luck, Ann

Feed them on cornmeal for a few days to purify them, then have a "snailbake". zemedelec
gord wrote:

Some plants (e.g., agapanthus) rarely show damage. However, snails can destroy asparagus, narcissus, iris, many other bulbs, and most seedlings. In orange and lemon orchards, they climb the trees and eat the bark, girdling the trees and killing them. I have seen them climb my peach tree and severely damage ripening fruit.
See <http://axp.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r107500111.html regarding damage and control.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/