My first Brandywine

I picked my first ripe Brandywine tomato today. That's a heritage variety that is famous for flavour. Wow!!! It's reputation is totally merited! A bit of chewing and the flavour release is euphoric! I understand now why some people luuuuuuv tomatoes. I think I remember flavour almost that delicious from years ago.
I will give up most of my other varieties now: Ultrasonic, Lunch Box, and Early Girl. Actually I will probably keep one or 2 plants in order to get some early fruit.
Andrew

We have been known to have bacon, turkey, mayonnaise and tomato club sandwiches.
And had held the bacon and turkey.
Bill
--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
William Wagner wrote:

Everytime I'm back in Indiana during mater season, I stuff myself on tomato (with just a touch of salt) and mayo sammiches. When you pick 'em, give 'em a quick wash, cut 'em and they're still just a touch warm from the heat of the sun...Aaaaaaaah. Heaven.
Tracey
William Wagner wrote:

Mmmm... 'Mater and mayonnaise sandwich...
Bob