My first Brandywine

I picked my first ripe Brandywine tomato today. That's a heritage variety that is famous for flavour. Wow!!! It's reputation is totally merited! A bit of chewing and the flavour release is euphoric! I understand now why some people luuuuuuv tomatoes. I think I remember flavour almost that delicious from years ago.

I will give up most of my other varieties now: Ultrasonic, Lunch Box, and Early Girl. Actually I will probably keep one or 2 plants in order to get some early fruit.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Ostrander

We have been known to have bacon, turkey, mayonnaise and tomato club sandwiches.

And had held the bacon and turkey.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Everytime I'm back in Indiana during mater season, I stuff myself on tomato (with just a touch of salt) and mayo sammiches. When you pick 'em, give 'em a quick wash, cut 'em and they're still just a touch warm from the heat of the sun...Aaaaaaaah. Heaven.

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

Mmmm... 'Mater and mayonnaise sandwich...

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob