My Cat Keeps Trying To Eat My Plant! What To Do???

Hi, I have this cactus succulent plant thing. I'm pretty sure it's called a "Ledebouria".
Picture:
http://flowers.foka.ru/Katalog/Image/L/Ledebouria_Title.jpg
The problem is that my cat keeps biting off pieces of it's leaves, then the wole leaf like dies and falls off. It sucks cause like there will be this nice new leaf starting to grow and it'll be like a half inch tall, then I come home from school and look to see how it's doing, and it's freaking gone!! The plant hasn't died yet thank God. I can't get mad at the cat, cause she doesn't know what she's doing, but I have to get her to stop. Has anyone else ever had this problem? What should I do?
Thanks for any suggestions.
I have one of these in a HANGING basket - that would keep the cat away!
I have seen very pretty plants displayed in a birdcage - that would work also. Hanging basket is nice because the underside of these leaves is interesting also.
CorySW wrote:

Wow, I never would have thought of that. (Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic). But the box hanging from the ceiling might attract her attention more than the original plant! Thanks for the advice!

On 26 Oct 2004 14:19:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (CorySW) wrote:

Keep the plant away from the cat for the health of both. Since the cat has showed no ill effects from eating this plant, you (and the car) are lucky. However, in future, you might check on its toxicity to animals before introducing a new houseplant. A hanging basket is probably a good solution.

I have one of these plants with several other types in a planter. It is on a high window sill where the cats seldom go up on and they haven't eaten any of it. When I tried to grow catnip on that same window sill it was another story!
I have two cats who go outside sometimes. Then we took in a stray who was declawed and of course she can't go out. She likes to eat the pendant parts of a spider plant to no ill effect.
Cats seem to need some greens. Indoor cats will probably seek them wherever. Outdoor cats eat grass and go indoors to throw up on the carpet.
If you go to a place like Petsmart you can find special greens to grow for your cat. I have a friend who grows greens for her indoor cat and he doesn't eat her plants.
Hope that helps
<< Since the cat has showed no ill effects from eating this plant, you (and the car) are lucky. >>____Reply Separator_____ The car???? Geez, I don't remember a car being in the mix.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
How about feeding the cat:) LoL

(and
Maybe he meant the cat would be yakking all over the car on the way to the vet?
Giselle (one of those hack*hack*hack*hack*yakk! thingys, too)