My Beautiful Potted Mimosa Care Question

Hi all
I have a Mimosa tree that I took from a field as a sapling. I had taken it home and replanted it in a small flower pot. Today it is in a bigger pot about 15" at the rim and now is a healthy 1 year old about 2 feet tall.
My questions to you are...
When should I expect to see blooms? > call me impatient ; )
Will it stay small or go root bound?
Should I repot it, but I would like it too stay small... anyway to keep it that way?
Prune it maybe? I sometimes like to bring it into my home it is currently outside enjoying the warm weather and sun. I live in Southern New Jersey. It is now summer at the moment.
I read on one forum that this one woman had her beautiful small Mimosa potted for 11 years but no other details were given.
I was just looking for some advice. I love my Mimosa it brings me alot of joy and beauty. I would like to keep us both happy for many years to come : )
Thanks in advance.
[...]
Jmichele wrote:

Hopefully never, because following the blooms are the seed pods. Following the maturing of the seed pods is 1 day an explosion when the pods split wide open and scatter mimosa seed everywhere. My entire neighborhood is covered with mimosa bushes and trees all in the wooded areas, in the lawns around the edges - anyplace where they were not taken out by the roots the week they came up.

You better hope so - see above.

I wouldn't!!

In that case, water and feed just enough to keep it stable and if and when it blooms, pull off the seed pods as they are forming

I wish you happiness!!
Tom J
That is right! Mimosa is extremely invasive. I did not know it was the seed pods. I thought it is the roots running under the lawn.
Planting this Mimosa without doing proper 'asking around' is one of (many) gardening mistakes.

Uleetsa Moscowa wrote:

Once the plants get started, that's when the roots also start putting up more bushes also. It's worse than kudzu in the south when it gets started.
Tom J