Mutant pear tomatoe

Found this on my yellow pear tomatoe bush today. (picture posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens). I count 8 lobes. Any ideas as to how this came to be? Also, will the seeds from this tomato be more likely to produce tomatos like this?
More pics of it can be found here:
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20September%208%20Mutant%20yellow%20pear%20tomatoe /
"Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> expounded:

I answered you over in the binary group, but forgot to mention you have a very sweet garden helper :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Thanks :-). She is 8 years old, a real drama queen. She won't eat most of the stuff that comes from the garden, but she loves to pick stuff, finds it fascinating.