Mushrooms I dont want

Can anybody advise me I have a very sunny south facing garden all lawn over the last few days it has been infested with small 2" tall white mushroom/toadstools they form in patches about 3 feet across. HOW DO I STOP THEM FROM GROWING!
Help

You don't. You go read a book, and the mushrooms will go away all by themselves. They are not a problem.
You mst be a mushroom lover/smoker JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Oh. I get it. Anyone who has knowledge that you don't must automatically be on drugs. That makes perfect sense.
If you've never noticed the life cycle of a bunch of mushrooms, you must be a brand new homeowner. Try observing before trying to find a magical solution for everything.
You mst be a mushroom lover/smoker JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Sean wrote:

Some things that might stop them.
1 Stop watering your lawn
2 Make the rain stop
3 Dig the area up & remove all traces of any wood, be it construction debris, tree branches, old roots, etc. Mushrooms thrive on buried rotting wood.
All three options will basically ruin your existing grass.
Cutting your grass a bit shorter than normal *might* help, allowing the sun to dry the soil more quickly. Unfortunately this is also not too good for the lawn.
I've heard a golf club is a somewhat entertaining way to remove them (grin)
The lawn has been laid over a huge amount of debris left by the builders of this new house I also believe this may contain Laurel Bushes and similar. your answer makes very good sense.
Thanks newsreader wrote:

Sean wrote:

Ah yes, the classic new home construction type soil. I unfortunately know that kind of soil all too well. Expect mushrooms for quite a few years to come.
They are a somewhat good sign, as they indicate good natural processes are going on underground to help the old wood decompose.
I went out with my string trimmer yesterday. We had had about a week with rain almost every day, and the grass was very tall, still fairly wet, and had lots of mushrooms of all shapes & forms. The weedwacker made short work of them, and splattered me with mushroom muck on numerous occasions.
David in MD zone 7
Sean wrote:

With a 5-iron. HTH ;-)
Bob