Mushrooms growing in grass

How do you get rid of all the mushrooms that keep popping up in my backyard grass. I don't want my grandkids to eat them!!! Thanks for any advice...
--
Have a Great Day!!
Linda from So. Calif

When the sun hits them or when the soil dries out they will disappear. Fungus growth indicates you have decaying organic matter in your backyard. Teach your grandchildren not to touch mushrooms, and keep a careful watch on the youngsters.

Are there some mushrooms that are dangerous to the touch? Or is that just a warning to be over cautious because of the kids?
-- Jim Carlock Please post replies to newsgroup.
Jim Carlock wrote:

Some common mushrooms (mostly in the genera Amanita and Galerina) are so toxic that the amount of material accumulated on the fingers could cause harm if ingested. It is wise to wash one's hands immediately after handling those species. I believe children are particularly sensitive to many toxins, possibly because of their low body weight.
Mike Prager On the North Carolina coast - Zone 8a (Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)
"Linda" [email Wrote:

Jim Carlock Wrote:

Here's some sites about mushrooms that should be helpful. http://tinyurl.com/d9g9y http://tinyurl.com/3dbpn http://tinyurl.com/4smqa
New