Mushroom gardening

I have a very small garden. In addition most of it gets relatively little sunshine due to the trees. Tomatoes are most decidedly unhappy there and grow to 12 feet tall trying to find some light. I was thinking about mushrooms. They usually grow in the woods. Did anyone try it (undoubtedly some did, but is anyone of them here)? And which kinds did you grow?
Additionally which vegetables can be grown in shade?
On 17 Aug 2003 10:13:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) wrote:

Growing mushrooms on purpose is a fairly refined and specialized field. They tend to be pretty random in the 'wild' and rather difficult to bring into cultivation.
There are virtually (my loophole) *no* shade loving vegetables. And very few flowering plants. Even cool-weather crops need sun. I, too, have a shady yard, and have settled for planting things in containers which can be placed in the few sunny spots I have, and an herb bed in a small area that gets a fair amount of sun.