Mulch on slope

Anyone know how to keep the mulch blown off by wind or washed down by rain? I have a yard with 60 or above degree of angle. Whatever placed on the landscape fabric, like bark or nuggets mulches are blow away by wind or washed down by rain and revealing the underneath fabric. Is there any spray glue to apply on the fabric or over the mulch after installed? Rock mulch is expensive in our area and so its out of question.

Appreciate any help

Sam

Reply to
sams

A 60% slope? I find that somewhat hard to believe. However, if it's very steeply sloped, you might consider revamping your ideas about the design to focus on erosion control. What is it you wish to plant there, or what have you already planted there?

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

On such a slope, the mulch should be held in place with jute netting over it, anchored with wire hooks that look like giant hairpins. After the mulch and jute are in place, you then plant a deep-rooting ground cover right through the netting. Don't cut the jute to plant; just push the strands apart.

As the ground cover grows and covers the slope, the jute will rot away. Thus, you need to select a mulch that -- unanchored -- will work well with the ground cover without sliding away. I would recommend something that decomposes with the jute, leaving a medium in which the ground cover will spread and root.

Reply to
David Ross