Muget des bois...

...aka Lily of the Valley.

May 1 always takes me back to Paris. The below article tells about the lovely custom of giving Muget des bois to your friends/colleagues/etc. Even my bitchy Left Bank student lodging landlady brought me a little bouquet on May 1.

In Europe it was a workers' holiday, but noooooo, we couldn't have such a Commie pinko event in OUR perfectly egalitarian society, so it was renamed "Law Day."

Here's article:

"France Ushers in Spring with Muget des bois"

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson