Mowing The Outfield Grass

How are those diamonds and other designs created in the outfields of major league baseball teams? TIA

Mowing the lawn with a tractor in over lapping 45' angles. The same way you make diamond sear marks on a bbq grill.
If you look at this picture, it should be obvious how they mow the lawn.
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Petco-Park-Photofile-Photograph-C10123987.jpeg
Go in a straight line, all the way to the edge, turn around, and mow the second strip in the opposite direction. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
-S
Snooze wrote:

They also use heavy lawn rollers behind the cutting decks. http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question612.htm
If you're thinking of doing this on your lawn- by cutting the same pattern week after week and follow with a heavy push roller, you'll get the same effect.
Mow your lawn square with your house on week one. Week two, mow at a 90 degree angle to what you mowed last week. This is the simplest method to striping your yard.
The major league fields are mowed in this fashion as well but most of the time they are mowed twice on the same day to achieve the look you see on television, once in the morning and then again in the afternoon before the game.
JD
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:07:25 GMT in

Wow, I haven't tried to fit a tractor on my grill... does that work?