moving mums?

I have a bed of mums that I would like to move. I'm getting conflicting advice on when to do that. The "locals" say move them now. Most things I'm reading say to move them in the Spring. I'm in South Central Texas.
Any advice is appreciated!
Cheryl Lyons, TX
Cheryl Cato wrote:

Go with the locals, _if_ they can show you the mums they moved. :-)