moving Irises

what is the best time of the year to move Irises?

Thanks,

FayeC

Reply to
Faye Tarzwell

I agree with what Grandpa said. I divided and moved my Irises Late July and they are doing fine.

- Theo

Reply to
Theo

Reply to
Peppergirl

Depends on the kind of iris: Rhizomatous ones move best in late summer when they are dormant; bulbous ones in fall. However, if you take some care, you can move them successfully almost any time; just make sure they get watered after you move them.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens