Moving Bur Oak seedling?

I have a bur oak seedling I found behind one of the shrubs by the front of the house. It's about 6" tall and has 4-5 leaves on it. I'd like to move it to the front yard in a sunny spot.
Is there any precautions I should take when moving it? or can I just dig deep around it (its close to the foundation, so I'm worried about hitting the roots) and move it and water heavily. Should I use loose potting soil, or is just the soil dug out from the turf OK?
The village planted an oak for us on our parkway (10' tall), but they said that oaks should only be planted in the spring. Should I wait until the spring, or is this little guy small enough to move right now?
Rgds, Vel

soil,
FYI, I'm in Zone 5 (northern Illinois) if that makes a difference.