Moveing a Weeping Sargent Hemlock

I have a Weeping Sargent Hemlock that is about 25 years old. The tree is in good health but is in the wrong place. It is in the way of my new driveway. The tree is about six feet high and the trunk is about

10 inches in diameter.

It is a beautiful tree and I don't want to cut it down.

Is this tree valuable enough that I can have someone pull it out (rootball and all) for free or even buy it?

Thanks for any info

Reply to
David Glaser

It is a long shot, David, but you might contact landscaping companies and tree nurseries in your area to let them know. A long shot, as maybe there is someone searching for something like it.

While some may laugh at this, a wealthy summer resident of Northeast Harbor Maine stalled traffic on Route 1A for about 6 hours last spring. He was having a specimen apple tree trucked on a flatbed trailer. The tree was so tall, and spread so wide, the flatbed was accompanied by State Police and Utility workers to lift wires and stop traffic.

Stranger than fiction.

-- Sue Burnham

Reply to
Sue

There may be a Plant Amnesty organization in your area.

Travis