Mothers day Tulips

My daughter gave my wife a LARGE pot of beautiful yellow tulips. I think it's too late for them here in Chicago.
How can I save them, plant them, whatever to have them bloom again next year.
Please and thank you.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to

When the blooms fade, dump the clump into a hole you've dug outdoors, maintaining the same soil level. Water and fertilize, remove any fruits that start to form. Mark the clump, and in the fall, dig, split and replant just like purchased bulbs. Chances are, you won't get much of a bloom from them next year, but if you're a pretty good gardener, with a fair amount of luck, they'll rebloom well the following year.
Kay

I did the following once, and the tulips bloomed again for many years:
Dig a hole the size of the pot, but deep enough that the bulbs will be down about 8". Unpot the tulips and put them down to the bottom of the hole, but don't fill in the soil, just a bit. Let the foliage ripen and remove any seedhead, then when it's all brown, fill in the hole. The foliage will come off with a gentle tug when it's ready. They should rebloom the following year
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA