Mother in Law Tongue Odor ?

I am truly sorry for barging in like this..so please forgive me. I have googled this and have found no answer.. what causes a mother in law tongue plant to put out an odor of cat pee or cat poo? My brother has posed this question to me and I have no answer. Maybe someone in this newsgroup can help me.. again I apologize for barging in but it has me stumped.. can someone please help... Thanks in advance.. Lynn
--
Life is not measured by the number of
breaths we take, but by the moments
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:00:52 GMT, Daisy wrote:

it does have an odd odour from the flower spike - look for one!

Your plant may be rotting or perhaps a cat pissed on it? The flowering sanseveria cluster has a sweet odor.
Pencil me in for root rot.
M-I-L Tonga do not like living in wet or damp soil.
Maybe your cat is......