Moss (or something else) to grow between slate.

We just layed out a 20x20ft. patch of slate on mortar ontop of concrete in our city backyard, we put them 1/4 inch a part, (havn't grauted(sp) yet) hoping we can grow some type of green in between. Do we mix something in the graut? How do we go about it??? Thankful for all respones.
Hi,
You need to get moss spores from a Garden supplier who specializes in Bonsai (tell them what you want to grow the moss on), or try to find some slate that has moss on it (that will be the right type).
Once you have grouted the slates, spread buttermilk or natural yoghurt on the area you want to grow moss. Then sprinkle the moss spores or moss on it, and keep wet.
Good luck! David
snipped-for-privacy@uwcm.org wrote:

Will do, thanks David, Lotta.