moss for terrarium

I'm starting a carnivorous terrarium, and I'm wondering if the moss I'm finding on the roof of my house would be ok to put inside of it, or is this different than the moss you would find in the woods?

Reply to
alice

Moss on the roof? That's not really good for the roof, but that aside, you can buy moss now at any garden center. I bought two varieties of moss at Lowes of all places. That moss is better than what you have on your roof for the conditions in a terrarium.

Reply to
Jangchub

You'll find moss growing on the ground or in the lawn on the shady side of long-established buildings or fences, especially where it's repeatedly damp, such as near a dripping tap, or where condensation drips off the roof, etc.

Reply to
John Savage

Might want to get moss tested, to preclude inadvertently terminating your carnivore guests with extreme prejudice. (CIA-ese for killing people.)

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone