Mosquito Magnet update

We have gone through two of the 21 day cycles with our Mosquito Magnet and can report the following:

First cycle: 8.4 grams of mosquitoes @ 2450/gr = 20, 580 mosquitoes

Second cycle: 29.0 grams = 71,050 mosquitoes

The bag was overflowing on the second cycle and should have been changed sooner.

The 2450/gr came from the manufacturer and I have no way of verifying this but it's as good as any other number.

There is no doubt that the Magnet attracts and kills a lot of mosquitoes but it seems like tryng to empty a river with a bucket .... they just keep coming.

As far as clearing an acre of mosquitoes, I don't see any chance of this unless inside a bubble. The mere fact that it attracts so well assures that they will just keep on coming.

I don't know if it's worth $500 just to know it's killing them by the tens of thousands but I am not about to take it back either.

js

-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK:

Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver

jack

you are killing only the females. each female you kill will not lay eggs that will hatch into thousands of mosquitoes. this is why the magnet must be turned on BEFORE the mosquitoes start buzzing around. and yes, there will be a time when they will be few and far between. just6 to be sure, dig a pond, put in fish that eat mosquitoes. that way what you miss will also be a dead end. Ingrid

Reply to
dr-solo

also,.... set the thing opposite where you want to sit. let them swarm where you arent.

Reply to
dr-solo

Eco labs make serveral products that will not harm your fish but will prevent mosquitoes from hatching. You can find mosquito dunks, mosquito bits hide a dunks and Liquid Biological Control at http://www.richdeer3/site/1566246/page/893773If you have any standing water I would recommend using the bits or dunks. If you have a few fish they will eat quite a few bugs as a snack. Good water circulation will also help.

Reply to
hopkins.gail

Reply to
dr-solo

I find that slapping them works on a one time basis.

Reply to
doofy