Morning glories and redwood burl.

1. Three weeks ago my morning glories were glorious. Now I only get a bloom or two. What happened? I fertilized. 2. A friend sent a redwood burl to me. It now has foliage and roots. The directions said that I might never get roots, but I did. Can I plant this in soil? What type? Would it be hardy in zone 7, Southern Maryland? Thanks, Carolyn
feeding morning glorys a lot can just make them grow more but not bloom. I use a little steer manure to feed mine, but mostly I just water them and I've had them blooming since late May.

Re: your morning glories. Most everything you read about growing them says they prefer poor soil, so fertilizing was probably what caused the slowdown of flowering.
Suzy O, Wisconsin, Zone 5