Morning Glorie/Moonflowers needed!!!

I planted the seeds this year as I did in previous years. They never germinated. Any idea where these can be bought as plants??
On 18 May 2004 12:00:45 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) opined:

Tom, I have a perennial morning glory. I could go out and find a piece and get it going in a pot and mail it to you if you'd like. It comes up every year and it blooms earlier and till frost. You do have to watch it and maintain it in bounds, but it's not hard to do and it's lovely. It comes back every year, but I'm not sure about winter hardiness. I can look it up if you are interested.
victoria
I WOULD LOVE A PIECE!@
(TOM KAN PA) opined:

and get

year and

in
year, but

interested.
Okay, take a look at it here:
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/51653 /
It is perennial here in USDA Zone 8b with some protection. Not much, but some protection. It is a reliable bloomer and does so for the entire summer till frost. Like I said, it must be looked after as it will climb along the ground and put out stolen's and root in everywhere if you do not keep an eye on it. I will go out this week sometime and see if I can find any starts and dig them out, pot them up. However, we are into our deep heat now and it's not the ideal time for this. I'll still try for you.
Victoria

for my address?
Wish I'd known a week ago. I had scads of both that I'd started from seed, and ended up bribing co-workers to find homes for them!
--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA

I don't have much problem with getting morning glories to germinate but Moon flowers are a complete PITA. I planted about 25 seeds that I harvested from last year's vines and so far only one sprouted. It is kind of depressing. I soaked them and didn't soak them and tried all kinds of different things. Even last year I was lucky to get two vines going. I'm in Zone 5 Chicago BTW where the weather has been pretty warm this year late April and May.
I remember planting morning glories for the first time. I was so disappointed when they didn't grow. Next season my garden was half - filled with them!
One of the things I learned - patience!
Rose http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html "How did I ever get talked into this?"