Mop sink ok in greenhouse?

Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for GH purposes. This is my first GH, and I know nothing. Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx. T-L

Reply to
Trent-Lion

They're very square, which could clash with the plants, which are mostly roundish / curvish.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why a sink? Go for a pond. Ponds are fun, can contain fish AND water the plants in a pinch. Plus they add that needed humidity and help to provide heat in the winter.

Reply to
Fragile Warrior

I suspect the OP was thinking about rinsing pots and filling watering cans.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It's your Green house, use which one you prefer.

I personally like the idea of building an attractive cabinet for the stainless steel sink.

Reply to
Freckles

On the other hand, the humidity in the greenhouse might turn the attractive cabinet into pudding over the years.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Ever heard of marine grade plywood?

Reply to
Freckles

Yes. But, read the original question in this thread a few more times.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

O.K.! I have REREAD the original post! What's your point? Maybe you should REREAD the original post yourself!

Reply to
Freckles

The nature of the question leads me to believe that this person would never have discovered marine plywood. I can't explain why. It's just my impression.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo