MONTMORENCY CHERRY seeds needed

Hello, I am seeking some MONTMORENCY CHERRY tree seeds. Does anyone have some they could spare?
chaz
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:59:32 -0500, chaz wrote:

Can these be propagated by seed? If so, will the offspring remain true to the parent or will it revert back to some ancestral variety?
It would be simpler and more predictable to buy good nursery stock from a reputable seller.

Thats odd, my macaroni plants did just fine this year and they came out of the box.
chaz

What's your secret? I never could get macaroni to grow. Whereas Canelloni plants grow like weeds. They overrun everything. Don't plant Canelloni unless you're fond of weeding.
chaz wrote:

Varieties of fruiting cherries are grafted, meaning that they are not/cannot be reproduced by seed. If you planted seeds from one you would probably end up with just a plain old sour cherry.
Toad
".......Varieties of fruiting cherries are grafted, meaning that they are not/cannot be reproduced by seed. ........."
The reason that they are grafted is because this way you can guarantee that every plant is true to type and is ready to crop much quicker, also by selecting the rootstock you can decide on the height and vigour of the trees, where as if you grow from seed then you have no control, the plants can be like either of the parent or grand parent trees or a combination of these. This is the way to get new varieties, but the vast majority wont be anything special.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries