Monsanto Wins Again!

http://www.morphcity.com/home/82-sugar-beets-monsanto-wins-again -
White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

And when I saw amerika you knew it blew my my mind,
NLP real main steam non useful stuff. Look at inspiration tab think like this comes to mind. Shabby.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
globalvoicesonline.org
EVP MAN wrote:

I found this rather confused and uninformative. The author seems to be much more interested in pushing an agenda than providing facts.
David
White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-robbins/is-your-favorite-ice-crea_b_68 6629.html
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
globalvoicesonline.org

Thanks, Bill. I heard that Monsanto wasn't going to make rBGH anymore, so I figured that I didn't need to worry about pus in my milk anymore. American business model, "If you snooze, you lose." I should have figured that they would sell it.
From pus laden milk to nutrition-less sugar water
<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/business/18motts.html?_r=1&ref=steven_ greenhouse> Mott's (Dr Pepper Snapple Group) wants to cut its labor costs, even as it is earning record profits.
"Dr Pepper Snapple Group, counters that the Motts workers are overpaid compared with other production workers in the Rochester area, where blue-collar unemployment is high after years of layoffs at employers like Xerox and Kodak."
The company, which has 50 brands including 7Up and Hawaiian Punch, reported net income of $555 million in 2009, compared with a loss of $312 million the previous year. Its 2009 sales were $5.5 billion, down 3 percent.
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/28/business/28wages.html August 28, 2006 "UBS, the investment bank, recently described the current period as the golden era of profitability."
--
- Billy
In article

I have a sister inlaw who works for lipton (Snapple) Uninlever that showed me a graph of sugar and sales 20 years ago. Sugar up sales up. I think the only way out is REAL foods, Pollan is right on but who cares and Soylent green and similarly foods which are cheap loom. War of economic proportions with health care as a business partner and agribusiness devoid of connections to life.
Sad but the darkest hour is just before Dawn ( Mamas and Papas). Going out for pesto herbs now.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
globalvoicesonline.org
the drive to get rid of labor to boost profits is already having the effect of reducing the population of people with disposable income, or even the time to buy anything. We already work harder (productivity) and longer hours without vacations than any other country. This mentality is strangling the economy.
It is undoubtedly healthier to drink water than Motts anyway.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago