Money Tree

I have a money tree that has a few problems.

First, there are small flies that have made home in every one of my houseplants. They are driving me nuts. They are everywhere now and my fianc=E9 is about to throw out all my plants. So, how can I get ride of these pests?

Secondly, the trunk is braided (4 stems in all) and one of the stems has rotted. I put the tree outside and I don't want to lose the tree. It's a good-sized tree. Cause other than that the tree has healthy green leaves; of course the rotted stem doesn't have any. So, what do I do about the one rotted stem? Do I propagate?

thank you=20 joamico

Reply to
joamico

i wouldn't try to remove the stem prematurely. as it decays it will be easier to remove as it will either become brittle or shrink and soften.

Reply to
ricks555

sometimes all you need to do is to letting your plants dry out good betwen waterings and using a spray insecticide soap. Can you cut out just the dead braid and give it a good cleaning should help .

Reply to
Lynn

thank you for the info, im trying to be patient with it. i absolutely love the plant.

Reply to
joamico