Mole safety! /
A retired German construction foreman who tried to electrocute moles in the garden of his weekend house ended up frying himself, Reuters reports.
The unnamed 63-year-old was found dead in said garden in Zingst. His body lay next to "a 380 volt cable and metal spikes rammed into the ground", according to police spokesman Uwe Werner.
Werner confirmed the ill-advised attempt at mole eradication had failed to do for the subterranean pest, although he conceded the voltage was "enough to run a cement mixer or heavy-duty power saw". He concluded: "It was in any event an unorthodox method to try to get rid of moles."
So I didn't argue the point with Tarantoga, but only remarked that,
really, I wasn't an expert of futurology. His reply was that hardly