miracle grow garden weed preventer

My annuals often get taken over by weeds so i decided to try this product. I've read through the documentation, but can't see any directions on how often to use. Anyone use this product ?
Me wrote:

Looking at the MiracleGro website I deduced that one application was good for the season. ie: spring to fall.
USDA Zone 8b

Never used what is called a pre-emergent, which means it stops the seed from sprouting and will do the same for your flower seed. I think one must start the seed in planters and transfer them to the ground later. http://www.miraclegro.com /
Regards,
Hal
Since this product contains the same active ingredient as Preem, you may find the following thread of interest:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/weeds/msg1013463913628.html?21
--
Henry Kuska, retired
snipped-for-privacy@neo.rr.com

Interesting thread, especially noticing all the people whose knees are bothering them. Apparently, they've never seen this:
http://www.smithandhawken.com/jhtml/site/catalog/Product.jhtml?PRODID 711&CATIDh&PARENTCATID
I've been using one for years. It slices off weeds just below the surface. I also had (but lost) a similar tool which had a horizontal knife instead of the triangular blade on the Smith & Hawken tool. Both worked equally well, but the S&H blade was easier to sharpen with a few passes of a medium stone.
Long-handled hoe-blade tools work fine for smaller weed sprouts. Any weed with roots deeper than 4-5 inches requires a different type of tool, like the Ergonica Weed Twister www.ergonica.com with double-coiled tines. This tool also works like a circle hoe, which is popular in England. Perhaps it's a little more work than chemicals, but it's better for the environment.
That product will stop only seed germination. It will not prevent perennial weeds.
A year or two ago I read of a product made from corn, completely non-toxic, that would do the same thing, and would decompose into Nitrogen (fertilizer).
I also read that Lowe's would be carrying it.
Anybody know the latest on that?
vince norris

I saw an ad for something called "Garden Bio-Film" which says it is made from corn and other things.
It's made by a corporation, so it must be bad.
--
Charles

Does not play well with others.
It is corn gluten and I have used it once a couple of years ago when I was putting plugs in a new lawn area for a friend. It worked fairly well and I would use it again under the same circumstances. It was sold at an independant nursery so I can't comment on its availabiity elsewhere.