Minwax wood hardener

Hi,

It would like to know if somebody knows here where I can buy Minwa High Performance Wood Hardener. Thanks

-- Paulo_S

Reply to
Paulo_S

You can get it online here:

you might look in the paint department of your hardware store. I have purchased wood consolidators and polymer wood repair products from Lowe's. although I don't think they were Minwax brand products. I had a decayed porch column and some rotted areas on the porch railing. I removed the worst wood with a wire brush and treated the remaining wood with a mixture of 50% antifreeze 50% water solution with as much boric acid as I could dissolve. That kills and prevents fungal and insect damage. Be sure to keep animals away from the area while it dries and antifreeze is very toxic. Then I saturated the area with wood consolidator. When that cured, I filled the area with a Bondo-like wood repair putty.

Reply to
Vox Humana