Mint Tea fertilizer

Page 2 of 2

Please, leave it aloin already!
Chris

This is getting boaring.
Billy wrote: ...

i grew up near a dairy farm, properly managed it does not smell that bad, compared to a CAFO, chicken shed or badly run pig farm a well run dairy is heaven.
my brothers worked there at times helping out, they'd come home smelling rather ripe, Ma would make them take their clothes off outside and hose them down before washing them. i used to go help milk and liked to talk to the guy who owned/ran the place. it is still going as a dairy farm even now all these years later but i don't know who is running it. many many stories, playing in the barn hayloft, barn cats, calfing, raising a calf, ornery cows and the ones that loved you if you brought them a carrot or apple, the smell of sileage, the sound of milking, ... etc.
songbird

I grew up on a poultry farm but our chooks were all free ranged, being let out first thing in the morning and locked up again at night. There was never, ever any bad smell associated with the chooks. We had one bak of cages (a total of 10 cages) where chooks that were poorly were placed so the other chooks couldn't pick on them and they stayed there in peace till they either recoved or died.
Once a year each house was dug out and sawdust laid down. We used to ahve a market gardener come and hand dig out the houses and he'd pay me to hold the bags for him while he shovelle dint he flooring. He said ti was THE best thing for the veggies he grew. He always offered to pay for the stuff but we thought we were getting a good deal by ahving him clean out the houses so the new flooring sould be added and he thought he was getting a good deal by getting free fertiliser.

Ahhh memories. I spent a lot of time on our cousins dairy farm. It was just as you described except that one of my fondest memories is sitting in the blood plum tree eating the fruit and chucking the stones at the chooks who had no idea where the strange missiles were coming from.
Tea has ability to fight bacteria and strength the immune system.Young mint leaves give a strong, refreshing flavor when used as a tea.Practice of growing mint in potting containers.
--
allen73