Miniature daffodil planting

A dear friend (knowing I was sick) brought me a lovely 4-inch planter of miniature daffodils.

So my questions is "Do I separate the bulbs when I transplant them to a large planter on my back porch."

Finally how deep do I plant them? For example, do I place the bulbs 6 inches below the surface, 12 inches below the surface, or other?

As always, thank you for your time.

Karen

Reply to
Michael T

You can separate them as much as you'd like, although (depending upon their vigor) it might be a season before they bloom again. Generally speaking, planting to a depth which is equal to 3 times the diameter of the bulb is a safe way to go.

Reply to
David J Bockman

Hi Karen,

Great advice from David. I would add to be sure and let the leave turn yellow before removing or cutting them. They will make food fo the bulb so it can bloom again. Consider planting them in a group abou

3" apart so they look like a nice clump when they bloom.

Hope you feel better soon. New

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt