Miniature African Violet

Hello,

I have a miniature African Violet, that while moving a couple months ago, got a book dropped on it. It lost over half of it's leaves. I removed all of the broken ones, and it has started to grow new leaves. Should I leave the four it has left so it can receive sunlight that way, or should I remove them to promote new growth on the small leaves? Also, will it grow back into a circular shape, or would it be better to start four new plants from the leaves?

Thank you for your advice,

Emily

Reply to
Emily Preston

Leave the leaves on. Keep turning the plant 1/4 turn every time it is watered, or once a week. I would start the broken leaves in vermiculite and see which one is the most symmetrical and give away the remaining plants. BTW, I recently started using Shultz African Violet food and my AFs are showing deeper color and more blooms than with the regular Shultz fertilizer (7 drops per qt).

Reply to
Phisherman