Mini Houseplants?

I have a nice growing area set up indoors for African violets. They are all doing well. I'd like to add some other plants, something other than violets, but I find that regular houseplants soon get too big and overgrow the area. Any recommendations on "mini" houseplants -- ones that stay fairly small (in a 4-6 in. pot, for example) and like the same kind of conditions that A. violets like?

-- TIA,

-- pelirojaroja

----------------------------------------------- "There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again."

-- Elizabeth Lawrence

Reply to
pelirojaroja

Check out various Tillandsias.

I have one of these,

, that's been in a six inch pot for about four years now. When I got it it had a single plume, it's now putting out 5 of them. More info:

They're nowhere as picky as violets when it comes to watering.

Bill

Reply to
Bill