Millers?

anyone buy from Millers? i'm looking mostly at berries (raspberries for the NH farm & currents for NY). my dad bought berries mailorder from someplace & all he got was a bunch of cuttings with no indication of even top or bottom (out of a bundle of 25, 5 or 6 rooted but never did much). i'm not wanting to waste a lot of money and time on something like that. lee

Miller in Canandaigua? I've had no problems, you might like the fallgold raspberry, it's done well for me .
In article

I've dealt with them in the past too. Mostly for apples no troubles.
I prefer one crop type like Latham raspberry which are easy to root propagate an older variety one croper. May have disease issues though.
Grew Heritage, Fall Gold and a black. The black tip roots and became a nasty weed.
BTW Neighbors may have some in need of cutting/digging back.
http://www.raspberries.us/varieties.htm
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

i have lot of really nice black raspberries spread around my yard by the chickens from a plant that used to grow by the former lambing pen fence. yes, they certainly do love to root from the tips! i try to keep them trimmed so they don't root where i don't want them spreading. i'm thinking of trying the Fall Gold. i haven't had any of those. it's the closest commercial thing i've seen to a white raspberry that was growing wild near Sodus NY. those were very good & the birds completely ignored them. i wish i'd taken some cuttings. i'm interested in growing raspberries in a hoop house. in theory, if the bushes aren't getting rained on while the fruit is ripening, they hold better on the bush. less disease issues, too. lee
enigma wrote:

I've never bought from them but they have a lot of negitive reviews on Daves garden watchdog.
http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/429 /
bought from them once. never again. their root stock was a joke. Ingrid

on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote in

thanks Ingrid. the reviews seem to be mostly not so great, so i'll look elsewhere. St.Lawrence Nurseries anyone? mostly antique varieties, but stuff that grows in cold zones. lee
find somebody who sells to fruit growers close to your area. they wont foist stuff on you will die or have incompatible rootstock. Ingrid

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago