Milkweed plant source? and a pic for you caterpillar lovers

I've planted many milkweed seed in the last 4 years and have just two plants living. I usually propagate wild varieties but was wondering if anyone knew of small plants for sale?
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/101404/garden1014.html
Enjoy!
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
I used to see lots here in Jackson,NJ but with the cows disappearring, the milk weed went too. I doubt if therE is a correlation but they seemed to be related.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive

Yep, that's some caterpillar! <G>
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Um Worked for me and Ann. Maybe a temporary fluke?
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
William Wagner said:

FWIW, I recently noted to myself that the Asclepias tuberosa in my that were most vigorous were the ones that had self-sown or been started by me from cuttings. The original plants that I'd gotten mail-order lasted only a couple of years, but some of their progeny has thrived for many years. And the self-sown seedling still beat the cutting-grown plants for vigor.

Well, http://www.prairienursery.com/ has some listed in their catalog (they seem to have a spring and fall shipping season).
Here in the DC area, there are quite a few native plant nurseries. Most of them are small operations which go to plant sales, do mail order, or will make an appointment. At least one ( http://www.nature-by-design.com/index2.html ) has regular hours (at least in the summer).
In the San Francisco area, I know there are a few nurseries with native plants.
Oh, and http://plants.usda.gov/ is a good place to start if you really want to get into things like researching whether a plant is native to your area, or a few states over.
I hope I'm not making this whole thing seem too difficult, but there are a quite a few resources which are out there (but may require a bit of seeking out).

Thank You!
http://prairienursery.com/store/index.php?main_page vanced_search_resul t&search_in_description=0&keyword=milkweed
Bill
--