Men are too dumb for working in the garden

I do most of the gardening and lawn/perennial care & planting annuals, but I let my wife help as long as I can keep an eye on her. And, since I'm retired and she still has a job, I take care of cleaning the house, food/Sam's type shopping, laundry, home repairs, etc.. I'll do any domestic chores except for two. I don't darn socks or breast feed.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

You don't breast feed? You are useless! LOL

BTW, did you watch the marathon last weekend...two weekends ago? We were doing the Curly block for days. Fun!

Reply to
escapee

After all, he did say he was retired...

Reply to
Dwight Sipler

escapee wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What's wrong with breast feeding? Of course men have to go through all the additional hassle of finding suitable breast to borrow, but I think I speak for most men when I say it's worth the extra effort. Ah, the sacrifices we make!

;-)

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Okayyyyyyy. So men breastfeed too. All equal and all that there.

Reply to
escapee

A Real Man will find a way to do it if he considers it important enough.

escapee wrote:

Reply to
Dwight Sipler

escapee wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

you see, that's the difference between men and women. men care about results, women care about relationships. while we men slave over reviewing hundreds if not thousands of breasts to select a suitable pair (only to receive a "Fresh!", when we actually ask the woman to help us out with something we really can't do ourselves), here you are talking about equality and some such. It's a wonder we put up with women at all!

;-)

Reply to
Salty Thumb

That's not my experience in my marriage, but I can certainly see where men would get that from. I am always amazed at women who treat their husbands like shit, then expect them to have a "relationship" with them beyond sex.

I prefer to have a good discussion about something than to love. Love is not all it's cracked up to be. It gets much deeper with time, but it's not the glue. Intellect is the glue. Respect, honor and understanding. Those are glue.

Unfortunately, most women don't get that part of it. I feel for you guys.

Reply to
escapee

Maybe your man does that on purpose so you won't bug him to work in the garden :-) I know tons of men who are better gardners than their wives.

Gary

Reply to
GG

My X-wife ( who ended up in the graybar hotel ) couldn't have grown crabgrass!

Right now, inside my trialer I have at lest 20 stalks of Iris flowers that I cut off and pulled inside to save them from the winds we get this time of year.

Reply to
Starlord

escapee wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

For the record, I was just kidding. Most women I've dated would attempt to whack me upside the head if I decided to go melon shopping (or even for referring to finding a wet nurse as such.)

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Never let a troll out from under its bridge:)

Trip Trop..

Reply to
Jim W

Don't stop there! I've got my wife convinced men are too stupid to change the oil, change flats, rotate tires, mow the lawn, pull the weeds, clean the hot tub, chase the pests out of the attic, .... So, I just stay out of her way and watch sports while my outcall massage therapist works on me.

JS

Reply to
John Smith

Sigh, your poor man; didn't they give you the code book for wives at your bridal shower! :)

JS

Reply to
John Smith