Melaleuca alternifolia

Three or four years ago I planted some tea tree seeds. Three plants go

to around ten inches tall. I know that they are frost sensitive and s come last November I put them in the greenhouse with the heater on. Sadly the heater went out and so, thinking everything was still o since the temp had only got down to minus one, I brought the plant indoors. Unfortunately a few weeks later the leaves shrivelled up. T me the plants looked stone dead. I nearly threw the plants out bu didn't. Now, I notice that one of the plants is beginning to shoo tiny new leaves. I was astonished. Is this normal?

Ell

-- Elle

Reply to
Elle

Congratulations! You did great by giving the plants a chance.

You can usually tell if a plant is still alive by scratching with your nail along the trunk or stem. If you hit green, it's still alive.

What we gardeners learn over time is PATIENCE!

Nature has its own tempo.

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone