Medic!

Hi all,

I have a bird of paradise plant that, when moved, had two of its stems crunched. The actual leaves hadn't hadn't unfurled yet (not sure if it makes a difference). I was hoping that there was a way to take those two basically severed stems, cut 'em, and grow new plants from them.

Is it possible?

I had started a couple of Ti leaf plants by having them sit in a dish of water for a couple weeks until roots sprouted, then I transferred them to a pot with suitable soil. Is there some kind of equivalent for my unfortunate stems?

Right now one of them is in some water and the other remains connected to the plant (though it surely isn't getting much nutrition anymore).

What shall I do? Brace for the worst?!

Medic!!!

Chris

Reply to
Chris H.

You can't propagate Strelitzia that way.

Brace for the wurst!! You may already be a wiener!!! Roll with the paunches!!!

Take two placebos and call us in the morning.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Drat!

Thanks for the info! (well that first link was over my head, but I think the placebos helped me understand the gist of it)

Maybe I'll throw 'em in the blender and make a smoothie or something...

Reply to
Chris H.