MCPA and roses

I have some clover growing in my rose bed - the sort of clover that is big vigorous and puts out runners that just break off even if you try to dig then up. I am sick of trying to dig this stuff out and my SO says that he could kill it using MCPA. Knowing what glyphosate does near roses, I'm interested in knowing if anyone else has tried using MCPA anywhere near roses and if you did, what was the result?

Reply to
Farm1

MCPA = Male Chauvanist Pig (Agricultural)?

David Hare-Scott

LOL. It's commonly used in Ag. and I know he uses it roudn the farm on some weedy thing or other. It's a selective herbicide and the active ingredient (and also the product I think) is called MCPA.

Farm1