Mature palm care - Which bits to prune / lop

Hi there.
I have a couple of Palm trees of unknown variety, and this year the have sprouted extra kind of branches at the tops with what looks lik to be hundreds of berries. My question is this, do I need to lop thes new-ish branches off as they are starting to sag and making the palm look untidy? I have already cut the dead leaves from the bottom of th palms. Any help would be greatfully recieved. Many Thank
-- specialbeat
Do not over prune. I used to live in Florida and was a certified landscape maintenance supervisor and operator.
I have learned that I was over pruning. First you could just remove the brown fronds. Second, leave some green ones to droop down.
See this picture by Dr. Shigo http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning/palms/index.html
There should be some drooping.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

The palms are flowering/fruiting. Should be no problem to let them do their thing, or prune the flower stalks off.
Beware so called "tree biologist" that never studied biology.
Don Staples
What are you?
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

John, enough. The troll will leave if you stop feeding it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Ann wrote:

You mean a truthful, honest answer, rather than "the tree biologists" hog wash is trolling?
symplastless said:

Actually, he is correct, that's what he is. The palm is flowering. =)
(One would think that a "a certified landscape maintenance supervisor and operator", in Florida, would know that.)
--

Eggs

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
True but I thought the over pruning issue was worthy to be mentioned. Thank You.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
symplastless said:

Yes, but in the post I replied to, you made no mention of any advice pertaining to the OP. You merely asked Don 'what he was'.
--

Eggs

Can a storm be officially designated as a tornado without touching down at
News flash.
Some palms live for twenty or more years before the produce fruit. Source Shigo DVD
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.