Massive Kumara (sweet potato)

I dug out some of my kumara (sweet potatos) today. One massive tuber is 30 cm long and 45 cm round. The kumara must like the soil.

rob

Reply to
George.com

What kind of soil you got? What you feeding them?

PDM

Reply to
PDM

its a raised garden a couple years old. It had a mixture of loamy soil, mushroom compost & organic matters such as grass clippings & old hay mixed up plus vegetable matter like mustard all mixed together. Full of organic matter. A few months ago it had a top dressing of compost and horse poop. We have had a very dry summer, very dry. 4 1/2 months with FA rain and I have not watered the kumara much. I have put a trickle hose across the patch a few times.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Sounds like it's very good soil; so no wonder you got such good results. I guess that all the organic matter kept the soil from drying out. Wonder how big if you had watered?

PDM

Reply to
PDM