'Marconi' Shasta Daisies

I have been searching for 'Marconi' shasta daisies. None of the nurseries in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles or in Ventura County seem to carry them.
I did a Google search on "marconi 'shasta dais'" CA OR Calif OR California". I got many results, but none of them offer 'Marconi' for sale.
Are these no longer being grown commercially?
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
David E. Ross wrote:

http://www.bohnsfarm.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/plants.plantDetail/plant_id/3319/index.htm
http://lburbank.users.sonic.net/about-us/shasta-daisy
seems to indicate they are being grown commercially. the second link has marconi specified under the "mail order plants" section.
songbird

They have them here in Michigan. Could it be they are recommended for zones 5-8. Perhaps your nurseries are in a a different hardiness zone and will not carry them.

On 4/26/11 8:05 PM, Nad R wrote:

Sunset indicates they would do quite well in my climate. In fact, Sunset indicates they are suitable from Fairbanks, Alaska, to San Diego, California.
I already have 'Esther Reed' growing (and already showing flower buds). But 'Esther Reed' is low-growing and suitable for the front of a bed. I want to back it up with the taller 'Marconi'.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
On 4/26/11 7:35 PM, songbird wrote:

This was one of the Google results I already saw. Unfortunately, Bohn's Farm and Greenhouses deals only wholesale.

This is another Google result I already saw. Links to sources are not valid. Swallowtail Garden Seeds does not have 'Marconi'. Sugar Creek Gardens Web site says they do not ship. The others list varieties that are not 'Marconi'.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
David E. Ross wrote:

ah, sorry, i didn't go beyond "commercial" for that one. any chance you can call them and ask if they supply a local greenhouse?

strange they would have it under the "mail order plants" section and not ship.
none of the other shasta daisy varieties will do? are they that different?
other ideas:
a seed saver someplace might have them and be willing to swap or send.
as a long shot, can you find them via a florist and then root them using rooting compound? yeah, ok, a really long shot, but sometimes multiple sectioning stems and rooting them can get a viable plant.

songbird