Mantis tiller maintenance info needed

How do I lube the gearbox on my 4 stroke Mantis? What grade of grease? should I clean out the old stuff with solvent? Thanks

Reply to
H Hornblower

H Hornblower wrote in news:3fb4i055usovkk8fgt68phcn8ec68tvv83@

4ax.com:

doesn't it say in your manual? for the Honda FG100 which is also 4 cycle, you need NLGI#2 or some such and can get at an auto store for around 2 bucks. IIRC there is a hole after removing some parts (fg100) you squirt it (with your grease gun) into until it comes squrting out.

I don't know if you can use the same kind of grease or not.

Reply to
Salty Thumb