Mantis Eggs

Anyone know how many Mantis are in an Egg Case?
This morning my wife called me to "identify" a bug she found in one of here house plants. Turned out to be a very small baby Mantis. Closer inspection found more, and eventually we found an egg base on a Sweet Potatoe vine she had brought in for the winter. We spent the next hour or more catching dozens of baby mantis and transplanting them to other house plants around the house.

HE HE!!! Had that happen to us once. There are most likely 300 to 500, so enjoy. We had over 100 and moved the egg sack outside within minutes of seeing the 1st one.
Tom J
One of my most vidid memories of gradeschool (a mighty long time ago I assure you) was when a mantis sack hatched inside a classroom. The entire wall was filled with baby mantids I would venture a guess of 600 is about right. Good luck!
Mr. Bill

by any chance were you Vice-President in a former life?