Mantis

Page 2 of 2
luriko wrote:

I know a lot of people criticize Mantis tillers, but I bought mine in 1998 and love it. I used it to build a strawberry bed in virgin ozark rocks for my parents, at my brother's to till a garden at his new house and along his driveway for border plantings, at my own home in Alabama to refresh a corner of the yard that the dogs had seriously compacted, and maintain multiple flower beds and gardens. Over the years, for its size, I personally feel that I abused it. Often when I started a project, it was try the Mantis, then step up if necessary. Well, the Mantis is the only tiller I own.
I called customer service this spring to inquire about the lifetime guarantee on the tines. I actually called them twice to get instructions because it seemed too simple. "Return the tines, include my street address for delivery, and thank you for asking, but we do not require funds for the delivery of the new tines." I mailed the old tines on February 22nd and received the replacements today, March 3rd. I am genuinely impressed and thrilled with the service.
I currently anticipate being able to "wear out" the new tines on my 7 year old Mantis tiller. In the event that the new tines outlive my Mantis, I would replace it (in a hummingbird's heart beat) with another Mantis.

Nancy, didn't you know that it isn't cool to say good things about Mantis? ;-)
Seriously though, I have a Mantis tiller, too and I think it is excellent. It has done everything I bought it to do and more. Can't wait for the snow to melt so that I can get back to work with it.
Greg

I love my Mantis, too, and also can't wait! But there's at least a foot left out there on my gardens :o(
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts