Mantids. Is it too late?

Is it too late to get some egg cases now, so they'll mature and lay their own eggs? I live in NJ and it's the middle of August.
too late. the girls are starting to give the guys that come here and let me rip yer head off look...........if I spot cases here after the orgy I can send you some.......but wait until I post that I HAVE them, I've had less this year and last because of first the drought, then the monsoons.............madgardener who DOES have frogs.............LOTS of frogs..........

I've noticed a serious lack of frogs and toads about my yard this year. Usually I have Wood Frogs fleeing from my lawn mower about this time of year and I have a leopard frog or two and another I can't remember that hang about my bird splashing pool. I heard them in the spring, but haven't seen them around.
LeeAnne

LeeAnne wrote:

Are you in the northeast? Blame this year's rotten weather. The tadpoles were probably killed off by a late freeze.