Mantids. Is it too late?

Is it too late to get some egg cases now, so they'll mature and lay their own eggs? I live in NJ and it's the middle of August.

Reply to
aartamen

madgardener

I've noticed a serious lack of frogs and toads about my yard this year. Usually I have Wood Frogs fleeing from my lawn mower about this time of year and I have a leopard frog or two and another I can't remember that hang about my bird splashing pool. I heard them in the spring, but haven't seen them around.

LeeAnne

Reply to
LeeAnne

Are you in the northeast? Blame this year's rotten weather. The tadpoles were probably killed off by a late freeze.

Reply to
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.