Mango Seeds

I've gotten my mango seeds to germinate with little mango leaves! I know that they usually graft some mangoes, but I don't know why. Could someone explaine? And, yup, gonna have time to watch the mangos grow! Can it be bonzaid? Might be fun!
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure

Hi, Mangos are grafted to insure variety and to hasten fruiting. If you can wait three to eight years for fruit and willing to take what appears then grafting is not required. Many of the great ones originated from seeds tossed in the yard. Also, if you are going to bonsai one (never saw that done) then skip the grafting. http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/mango.html has info HTH -_- how no NEWS is good