Male & Female Holly Bushes

I just bought a female & a male holly bushes for my better half. Our question is, when we plant them how far apart should they be?? thank you for your time.

They don't have to be very close. Unless your property is extraordinarily large, you can plant them where you want.
They don't need to be really close. Even without the male you would have found that there are others within 'pollen distance'. Be aware that for some perverse reason the hollies named 'Queen' are male and hence those called 'King' are female!! Best Wishes..

Within the same mile or so. They are pollinated by insects that develop a 'search-image" for specific plants and so are pretty adept at finding the right hosts.
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC