Maddie ask for this to be posted

Hey, Maddie here...... The heat wave here in Faerie Holler has produced more droughts, higher prices in milk and bread due to grain prices the farmers are having to pay, lower gasoline prices for whatever reason (!!?? probably in preparation to Shrub's hike in Fed gas tax....) but the magenta screaming watermelon pink crape myrtle is loaded with so many flowers it's leaning over the fence into the pasture where i flung the black widow spider last week and her eggs and kids and dead mate.......the white crape myrtle is pissed at me because i never trimmed the dead bits back after the killing freeze. but the fig tree is loaded and with all this heat, i might have figs before October. one can hope.

I blew my grocery budget which is pennies as I'm not working yet, on a sedum from Lowes knows how to drive me insane. Her name is Frosty Morn.....she adores this heat.

There is one ginormous frog that is ugly as mud living in the Frog Holler BBQ fountain. Ferns are thriving because the humidity is spoiling them despite the heat. It's gotten up to 107o with gods knows what the heat index is with the humidity (humidity?? in this drought? yeppers). Black eyed susans, pinched back May knight salvia, Blue enigmas, towering 4's and I'm gathering seeds to the yellow 4's frantically to share with anyone wanting them. Zebrina great grand sisters are crispy on top with thousands of seeds, but below, where I shoulda whacked it, new growth and new flowers.

no sign of sweet Autumn clematis alas.....a reseeded petunia returned this time in the pot of yellow Baptismia, fever few is everywhere and I have one rare clump of snow on the mountain euphorbia I'm praying reseeds everywhere next year. Poinsettia euphorbia is also everywhere, but I adore the shots of orange in unexpected places. The hummer is frantically supping on everything. And the other day he spotted the red and cream flowers on the crown of thorns euphorbia house plant on the nook deck railing and was flittering about all squacky and estatic.

Magenta phlox is winding down, so I pinched it, the white dwarf butterfly bush gets pruned and the flowers are cranking out and providing sweet warm honey scented flowers for all the floaters. Monarchs, Artillary, skippers, varieties I have to hunt in the butterfly book to see who they are.....The double althea in the back has three colors of double ruffled flowers packed on the branches. I planted them together and it looks like one bush........

Herbsonne Rudbeckia has reseeded all over but the finches adore the flowers that nod and flop about like lazy teenagers. I see signs of fall crocus or colchicums peeping up out of barren pots, the hosta's underneath the black cherry tree are blowing me away and beginning to flower. The lighter colors draw your eye as you pull in, but the mass of foliage is what slaps you up side the head first.

The Cereus cactus has three buds, one is ripening at a fast pace thanks to this heat and I hope it holds off for it's night debut and one night performance until Tuesday.........Little sedums on the railings on the kitchen deck are blush pink in the heat and sun, they look like toes, so since I dug them in the sands of my sister in law's cottage yard, I'll call them Michigan toes............

It's too hot for gardening, but I'm out there sweating buckets, which is how I almost put my hand upon that black widow female last week. she had made a nest underneath the pads of prickly pear I'd dug up from Miz Mary's side where I'd planted them 11 years ago and had decided to plant them around the mailbox with the rest. It's in the pasture and has been trampled by the cows since Benton put them back over on my side again.

Downstairs, I have an invasion of Wolf spiders. Not poisonious, but scare the hell outa me when they confront me and don't run quick enough. I usually don't kill spiders (except Recluse and maybe a Widow if I had to) but this has become an exception. The plants on the balcony are thriving in the heat and humidity because they're the tropicals and adore this environment. Soon enough it will be fall and time to think of bulbs and perennials. I will be just hoping I can stay in Faerie Holler for a season (year) and not be pushed to dig up and move my beloved plants. Despite my obvious absence in the gardens, a lot of things go on without me, including the Vinca major.......alas. it's thriving and growing feet per day it seems. evil stuff......

I miss you all and the lack of communication, and each day is a blessing when I wake to see the assorted winged dinosaurs at the front suet basket moving the Heavy Metal grasses and Golden rod that I decided to let do what it wanted to. The gardens are different again this year and I don't mind. Soon there will be someone with as much passion as me who will shape and mold the gardens with his hand and I will tell you when it comes about. I wish you all well, and I love each one of you. Keep in touch as best you can, send e-mails to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com and soon I hope you'll see me on the newsgroup again! I have lots of pictures to share on the binaries as well..........((((huge MADDIE HUG)))))))

madgardener, up on the steamy ridge, back in FAerie Holler overlooking a hazy and almost obscurred English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Reply to
Travis

If its a woody tree, here are some pruing suggestions

symplastless

In less than an hour, this message from madgardner has been posted by three people. So they're having an outbreak of overkill in Faerie Holler now?

Please. Please. I understand that some of you like to read her posts, but must we paper the joint with them? Once is enough.

Reply to
Pennyaline

F O

Reply to
Travis

The message from Pennyaline contains these words:

Save the paper for mopping up your incontinence problem.

. At the time I posted a copy of Maddie's email to the group, no group duplicates had been downloaded on my screen, obviously the same was true of the other two posters. The next time I updated, their copies appeared. They appear in three separate threads because none of us was aware of what the others were doing. We live in different countries, use different isps and news servers, so our posts are propagated round usenet groups in different time zones and routes. That's the nature of the medium. It's like putting a letter in the postbox to send it across the world, and being unable to control what time the postman delivers it, or what time the recipient will get home to read it.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Ohferchrissakes. Think of your mouse click as you would a TV remote......you don't want to watch a rerun, change the damned channel or turn it off. Get a grip and loosen up that sphincter.

Val

Reply to
Val

Get a grip... loosen up... get a grip... loosen up... grip... loosen...

Sounds like Kegels.

This is not helping my incontinence problem!!!

Whatever. Your analogy is lacking. There was no way to know that two of them were "reruns" as it were, without reading them in part first. And besides, true reruns are not aired in response to one soul's pretty-please to multiple venues. Evidently, she shopped it out to various whoevers that would post it for her. Evidently, she needs to be needed (which does not make her unique in this ether, so put your torches away).

Also not unique in newsgroups is ad hominem attacks on posters who don't meet individual standards. What can I say besides suck it up.

Reply to
Pennyaline

Whatever, bud.

Reply to
Pennyaline

I'm not blaming each person who posted it. I'm blaming the individual who asked multiple people to post it for her. Why it was necessary for her to have three people put it up is a puzzler. But it fits right in with her protracted announcements and updates about her pending absence from newsgroups, as though she *had* to explain that she wouldn't be "here," as though something might abort if she didn't keep us abreast of the sturm und drang, or if we didn't notice.

So it actually is not analogous to just mailing a letter, and it cannot be blamed on variances in time and space and the speed of message propagation across the 'net. It's like mailing three letters, each promising the recipient that he or she is the only one and could they do this favor, with the only end result of importance being that the sender reappears, briefly, still a victim of circumstances and relying on the kindness of strangers... perhaps Maddie DuBois should try the library to get to a newsreader, or a friend's house.

Many thanks to those who responded to my post and revealed their own incontinence.

Reply to
Pennyaline

The message from Pennyaline contains these words:

Your first post clearly did, weasel.

I'm blaming the individual

The letter analogy referred to three forwarded messages to usenet. Not to private email.

Marilyn did NOT make any such promise. Don't falsify the content of an email you did not receive ; it makes you look dishonest.

M has a decade long history on this group, and many here regard her as a great asset to it, for her unique gardening posts but also for her good humour and generosity, so are willing to cut her some slack. A woman with poor eyesight is alone and faced with huge personal stress in all major areas of her life. In such circumstances anyone might be excused a small slip in their private email.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

I had to go back to my first post > In less than an hour, this message from madgardner has been posted by three

people. So they're having an outbreak of overkill in Faerie Holler now?

we paper the joint with them? Once is enough.

And as you can see, I questioned the pondered an outbreak of overkill in Faerie Holler. Clearly, *that* points to madgardner and no one else. What followed was a plea to those who passed the message on to recognize that once was enough. However, I did overlook the possibility that each of you was not aware that she had made the same request to anyone else.

Is that weasel caliber? I don't think so.

The letter analogy referred to the lack of control the letter sender has once said letter has been dropped into the box, as to when it will reach its destination and when it will be read:

Thus, the letter analogy referred to having no control and essentially no responsibility for an item once it is sent. This was not the case with the message she requested be posted in absentia. She sent it to three people and asked each to send it to the newsgroup. It did not involve random newsgroup arrival times.

I cannot falsify the content of something I have not seen. I can only exaggerate/confabulate/make my best guess about its content through the actions of the recipients. It might make me wrong, but it cannot make me look dishonest.

Agreed, she has problems to deal with. It's good to remember though that we all have our cross to bear and it is less than heroic to cite our troubles as a defense when things go awry.

Reply to
Pennyaline

The message from Pennyaline contains these words:

As if we were so stupid or unmannerly, we might not have thought of that by ourselves? If any of us had already seen the message put on the group by someone else,, OF COURSE we would not have bothered to send it again.

You also overlooked the most obvious fact that none of us had yet seen the message posted by the others.

The weasel part, was pretending you did not blame us for something we didn't do; reposting a message which we knew had already arrived on the group.

That was an explanation of how three people could unwittingly send the same message... and they could all arrive on YOUR screen within a single hour. But the three senders, might not see the three messages arrive on their screen within one hour; or even within the same day.

This was not the case

Maybe you don't understand random email timings either! If you send an identical email simultaneously to 3 people, that does not mean they all receive it simultaneously. You cannot control when it arrives on their isp's server, when the recipient logs on to downloads it, when they open it to read, or how long they take to respond. Maybe they are asleep, at work, at home, away for a week on business or holiday; the sender can't know.

Nothing in our actions, suggested we had been PROMISED, or even told, we were sole recipients.

It might make me wrong, but it cannot make me

Your public fantasy attempted to discredit Marilyn as a manipulator who duped her email correspondents. That was dishonest.

Like your crippled mouse-finger. Poor you.

and it is less than heroic to cite our

It's hardly heroic, to denigrate an absent person for something she did not do.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:14:08 -0600, Pennyaline whined:

plunk.

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:18:54 -0700, Billy Rose wrote: no minor about it, she is a Goddess

Maddie is one of "Wrecked Gardens" minor deities

Reply to
dr-solo

I think you mean plonk.

Reply to
Pennyaline

This explains a great deal. I've defamed your religion and desecrated its idol. That'll inspire a mob.

Reply to
Pennyaline

Things seem to grow with no logic

First something must die Then out of rot a seed takes advantage Given time and not early dismissive

Beauty for awhile Then return

Bill who composts almost everything.

Reply to
William Wagner

She meant plunk....weasels go plonk, turds go plunk.....

PLUNK!

Reply to
Gloria

clap, clap, clap......