Lycopene in tomatoes

Of course losing your dream is hard. We all need to realize that and accept it and accept the loss of dreams That Persephone is a good person goes without saying. I was surprised by her reaction to your observation.

Going down this road is pointless. This has been discussed ad nauseaum and is accepted as fact by any thinking and caring person.
Unfortunately, so many in power are uncaring, and so many following are unthinking.

Much as we see in the US, eh? Greatest nation on earth, one nation under, which was founded upon genocide and oligarchy.
Ashkenazi,,, Sephardi....how many understand the history, and the animosity and prejudice practiced within, and by, Israel herself?
I don't have a very good handle on the mid-east situation, it is a long an difficult history to follow and understand, but Persephone's reaction was as she condemns.
Fisk can analyze, but Billy cannot? Screw that noise, my friend.
Charlie

You got it my friend, loud and clear. Unfortunately so did Cynthia McKinny and Norman G. Finkelstein and they both got creamed. Beware AIPAC.
--
Billy
Rose,
Billy Rose wrote:

Dang....don't you just hate it when you poke *SEND* without a quick re-read and a bit of thought?
Care Charlie

Well, gardeners do nurture and try to bring harmony out of chaos. A gardener of humanity, if you like. Where the harvest is peace and contentment.
A tomato (Israel's Lyc-O-Mato) was the entry point for this thread. Since the original post, I have give two reasons for shunning this particular tomato (1) political (I don't support fascists) and, (2) misrepresentation of Lyc-O-Mato's nutritional value.
I am very pleased to say, we already have Palestinian neighbors, thank you. Christian Arabs who also were chased from their homes by the IDF.
Israel obviously doesn't care about what I think, or even what the UN General Assembly thinks. They (Israel) claim that God is on their side. Hmmm. Where have I heard that before?
Your right, this is not the venue for this discussion but I would be curious to know what factual basis you have for dismissing me as an idiot. I presume you have reasons and that this isn't just another instance of divine revelation or howling at the Moon.
--
Billy
Billy Rose wrote:

Nobody on this gardening site should really care about your anti-semetic predjudices. You can brand the Israeli's as facists, but I think they are just defending their country.

More t han likely they were fleeing from the civil wars between Palestinians many of whom have as much contempt for Christians as Jews.

Why should they care about the UN which is filled with Moslem countries bent on destroying the Jewish State.

Well, at least they don't think there are 30 virgins waiting for them in heaven if they just blow themselves up on a civilian bus or restaurant.

First of all, you admire Finkelstein, who in my opinion is also an idiot.
Second, you know nothing about the history of the Middle East region, but are ready to believe the bull shit propaganda put out by anti-semites, and other twisted people.
Thirdly, you are upsetting this forum by bringing in your political views for which I particularly don't give a damm.
I think I will run down to the grocery and buy some Jaffa oranges.
Sherwin

Well, I see you have made a real study of this finding every wacko web site you can to foster your case. I suggest you take your bullshit and move it out of rec.gardening.
Sherwin
Charlie wrote:

If this is some kind of game your are playing, I don't buy it. This is supposed to be a gardening site, not a place to taunt people with your idiotic comments.
Sherwin

Oh dear, this is certainly no game, Sherwin. This is deadly serious.
Like Billy said, gardening is also about the nurture and improvement of people. The improvement of their souls and their relationships and attitudes towards their fellow human beings and shipmates. Perhaps I am not taunting you, perhaps I truly do care about you and wish for you to see what you are saying. Perhaps this is truly an act of love and caring. Did you think of that?
Take a look at what you have said, Sherwin. The vitriol that has spewed forth from you is indicative of ....what?
Vrede Charlie
Charlie wrote:

You seem to be able to dig up every kook in sight. Sure there are people not happy with Israel's policies, just like there are people who hate the USA. What does that prove? I can spend more time with my garden when I don't have to answer your stupid comments. Just move them off of rec.gardens.
Sherwin

Sherwin, what you have written here is absurd. It makes no sense.
Charlie
In article

Stolen Land 5:24 Bruce Cockburn Waiting For A Miracle (Singles 1970-1987) (Disc 2) Rock 5 5/26/07 8:50 AM
What can be done? I suggest not telling our children how to think. I also think spending time together is paramount. Hoping my sons show up this weekend and perhaps a bit of weeding. Dream On.
Bill who has five reasonable sane kids but happens to be crazy and will now go clean his gutters in the warm rain.
PS Writing in the third person maybe sick ;))
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
In article

Gist.
the gist of her essay is an indictment of the religious right essence,
substance, central theme, heart of the matter, nub, kernel, marrow, meat, burden, crux; thrust, drift, sense, meaning, significance, import; i nformal nitty-gritty.
Yet a fundamental reason to think of others as ourselves.
Bill who thinks of this as common courtesy.
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

snip of over 190 lines

Geez, I wish you guys would learn to trim......
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I'm sorry. I know better.
Thanks for the knuckle-rap. ;-)
Charlie

Bucketmouth
Ann wrote:

I would like to see them trim their political banter to zero lines. I know I am contributing to this, but these guys will not give up and I can't stand by and see this garbage going on the gardening site.
Sherwin

Sherwin, you're continuing it. I stay out of the politics now, because I don't want to fight. So stop it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:49:25 -0400, William Wagner

Donovan Leech

I have heard of Hamel, but haven't listened..i'll keep an ear open.

You ever listen to Amethystium? A Nordic project. of ystein Ramfjord http://www.amethystium.com /
Speaking of Norway and ystein........I also enjoy the music of ystein Sevag.
Charlie.......Listening to Amethystium - "Evermind"