Lycopene in tomatoes

Now that you are finished with your 3rd grade banter, maybe you can get back to gardening issues.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwindu

What I initially said about the perfidious Israeli tomato was," This idea is still born as far as I'm concerned until the Palestinians get their land back. I will buy nothing Israeli, although I know many good people live there."

Your response was,"You are an idiot."

You have failed to substantiate you assertion through fact or logic, leaving me with the inescapable conclusion that you are a bigoted blowhard of the worst type.

By all means, let's return to gardening.

Reply to
Billy Rose

Hey sherwin,

Is this group open to anyone other than u$ians, in particular those of a progressive bent? Are Palestinian gardeners encouraged to participate? What about any other people of Arab heritage?

Lebanese? Are they encouraged to participate here? WIll you help them with their questions?

What about Iraqi farmers and gardeners who need help, those who have been forced to swallow the bitter pill of ADM/Monsanto crop methods?

You are an embarrassment to Americans. It's no wonder that the most of the world has lost respect to the U$.

You are wrong and pc by half, Billy. I won't type here what this youngster represents.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Well, I see you have made a real study of this finding every wacko web site you can to foster your case. I suggest you take your bullshit and move it out of rec.gardening.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwindu

If this is some kind of game your are playing, I don't buy it. This is supposed to be a gardening site, not a place to taunt people with your idiotic comments.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwindu

I am not a youngster.

Why don't you volunteer to go to the Middle East and help these people, instead of spouting your propaganda bullshit on this gardening site. The only one who should be embarrased is you, who is annoying the rest of us with your tirade.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwindu

You seem to be able to dig up every kook in sight. Sure there are people not happy with Israel's policies, just like there are people who hate the USA. What does that prove? I can spend more time with my garden when I don't have to answer your stupid comments. Just move them off of rec.gardens.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwindu

May I give you some wisdom from Nelson Mandela?

This quote has been running about in my mind the last few days, and I find it pertinent to our present conversations.

I find it gives me strength in many situations.

You are familiar with Nelson Mandela, and the human rights violations he, and countless others, suffered as a result of Apartheid?

Frieden Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Sherwin, what you have written here is absurd. It makes no sense.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Oh dear, this is certainly no game, Sherwin. This is deadly serious.

Like Billy said, gardening is also about the nurture and improvement of people. The improvement of their souls and their relationships and attitudes towards their fellow human beings and shipmates. Perhaps I am not taunting you, perhaps I truly do care about you and wish for you to see what you are saying. Perhaps this is truly an act of love and caring. Did you think of that?

Take a look at what you have said, Sherwin. The vitriol that has spewed forth from you is indicative of ....what?

Vrede Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

I'm sorry, I forgot to attach the quote.......lost a bit of it's impact, eh?

Peace Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Stolen Land 5:24 Bruce Cockburn Waiting For A Miracle (Singles

1970-1987) (Disc 2) Rock 5 5/26/07 8:50 AM

What can be done? I suggest not telling our children how to think. I also think spending time together is paramount. Hoping my sons show up this weekend and perhaps a bit of weeding. Dream On.

Bill who has five reasonable sane kids but happens to be crazy and will now go clean his gutters in the warm rain.

PS Writing in the third person maybe sick ;))

Reply to
William Wagner

Gist.

the gist of her essay is an indictment of the religious right essence,

substance, central theme, heart of the matter, nub, kernel, marrow, meat, burden, crux; thrust, drift, sense, meaning, significance, import; i nformal nitty-gritty.

Yet a fundamental reason to think of others as ourselves.

Bill who thinks of this as common courtesy.

Reply to
William Wagner

William Wagner expounded:

snip of over 190 lines

Geez, I wish you guys would learn to trim......

Reply to
Ann

I'm sorry. I know better.

Thanks for the knuckle-rap. ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

I have heard of Hamel, but haven't listened..i'll keep an ear open.

You ever listen to Amethystium? A Nordic project. of Øystein Ramfjord

of Norway and Øystein........I also enjoy the music of Øystein Sevag.

Charlie.......Listening to Amethystium - "Evermind"

Reply to
Charlie

Bucketmouth

Reply to
Charlie

I would like to see them trim their political banter to zero lines. I know I am contributing to this, but these guys will not give up and I can't stand by and see this garbage going on the gardening site.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwindu

sherwindu expounded:

Sherwin, you're continuing it. I stay out of the politics now, because I don't want to fight. So stop it.

Reply to
Ann